Sunday, June 12, 2016

Dinner for one

This one is pretty easy. Just take some meat, potatoes & veg, and pop'em in the GoSun.

In this case I used two pork tenderloin mini-skewers brushed with BBQ sauce, half a large sweet potato chopped into half-inch cubes tossed in olive oil and salt, and about seven asparagus spears drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt. After I took the picture I put some fresh rosemary on the sweet potatoes.



Then I went away and gardened. I came back after about 45 minutes and it was all done. As it was a very sunny day, 30 or 35 minutes might have sufficed. I ate it all up before I thought of taking another picture and it was delicious! BTW I cooked the same meal today in a convection oven, and it wasn't all that different, except maybe the meat was a bit more tender in the GoSun. Also, in the GoSun the potatoes cook in the juices released by the meat, and that adds a nice flavour. And the GoSun was less fuss to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment